Kindle help needed

tonyx1302 16:23 02 Dec 2011
Answered

A friend hast loaned me a CD with about 100 loaded on it ready to transfer to my Kindle but how do I do this please? I have always downloaded my books direct from Amazon so have never transferred from a CD before. Simple instructions please !

Many thanks

Tony

tonyx1302 16:24 02 Dec 2011

Sorry that should read 100 books

Tony

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 02 Dec 2011

Start by connecting your PC to your Kindle with the USB cable. If you have done this, then your Kindle should indicate that the Kindle is in USB mode.

Now, turning to your computer. If you are using a PC then click on My Computer or Windows Explorer. Navigate to the Kindle device and find the folder Documents.

This is where you will place your eBooks to be read on your Kindle.

Drag and drop the files from the CD to the Document folder on the Kindle

After you have copied over your files, you are ready to read your eBooks when you please.

tonyx1302 17:17 02 Dec 2011

Thank you Fruit Bat /\0/. I will do as you suggest and will report back when the 'mission' is hopefully accomplished !

Tony

tonyx1302 18:30 02 Dec 2011

Thank you very much Fruit Bat /\0/. I followed your info to the letter and all is safely on my Kindle for future reading.

My kindle now shows that I have a 87 pages of books but would you know how to move on from one page to the next please ?

Thanks again

Tony

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:42 02 Dec 2011
Answer

Same way as you move pages when reading a book >

tonyx1302 19:45 02 Dec 2011

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/. Sorry about that. Another very senior moment I am afraid. I pressed every button except that one.

Once again you have come to my rescue. Much more and I will have to get my wife to put you on our Christmas card list.

Many thanks again

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?