Kindle connectivity

baldyx 20:16 31 Oct 2010

I just bought Amazon kindle which is having problem with wi-fi connection, complaining about the password. I am using the same password as for my Netgear router which has wireless connection enabled.

The Kindle does recognise my wireless network when scanning for networks. There are also other networks dieplayed with a padlock in front of them.

Please any suggestions to resolve this problem?

birdface 21:13 31 Oct 2010

Not sure if anything on this can help.

click here

baldyx 22:13 31 Oct 2010

buteman - thanks for your help but that link did not help.

However I found this link from this Forum click here

THis solved the problem . Actually it it is not the password that the kindle want, it is the Network key ! Even the Amazn Help desk did not know!!!

birdface 23:19 31 Oct 2010

Nice find and well done.
I think a few others will be caught out with that.

tullie 07:12 01 Nov 2010

Same with me,scratched my head for a while before realising that it needed the key printed on the router.

morddwyd 08:39 01 Nov 2010

Must be a problem with just some routers and/or ISPs.

I connected two Kindles last week with just the

morddwyd 08:40 01 Nov 2010

Please ignore my last post.

I'm guessing the reason that the Amazon help desk were unable to help was that because, like me, when you told them you were entering your router password they probably assumed that by password you meant the wireless network key, because in effect that's what it is. I didn't dream to think you actually meant the login password until you explained how you solved it.

An easy mistake for someone to make that doesn't understand the technology I suppose - you only use your router 'password' when actually logging in to the router using a web browser to change the settings. Any device wanting to connect to the wireless network will ALWAYS require the network key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?