Keyword queries

sugarbabe 12:08 05 Nov 2006

I am using some programs to find most popular keywords for my type of business.

the top results for what i have entered are "how do i fix my pc because it keeps crashing" "software upgrade" "computer hardware service" "computer repair on-site businesses"

If the words repeat do i keep entering them? is it important to enter the whole phrase in order or is it ok long as the words appear somewhere in the list of keywords??

Forum Editor 15:24 05 Nov 2006

it doesn't really matter. Nowadays it's not essential to enter keywords, the search engines will index you anyway, although it may take a while before they get around to you.

By way of a test, go to Google's UK site and type 'Forum Editor' as a search term. We don't submit any keywords to anyone.

mastergamer 21:44 19 Nov 2006

If you want to get yourself onto google fairly quickly, go to click here

Forum Editor 00:36 20 Nov 2006

To be honest, entering your url onto the submission box in your link isn't guaranteed to get you listed by Google any faster. They say so on that page in fact:-

"We do not add all submitted URLs to our index, and we cannot make any predictions or guarantees about when or if they will appear."

My own experience has been that Google will list any site within six weeks, and some are listed much sooner. It's a question of waiting and hoping.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:36 20 Nov 2006

That there must be tens of thousands of sites out there in the same line of business, using the same keywords. Only the best, or the ones who lay out the most cash will make it to the top of any search engine listings!

PurplePenny 17:41 20 Nov 2006

Since you are after local business get yourself into Yellow Pages and Thomsons Local.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017