keylogger - should I panic?

powertool 10:42 16 Jan 2005

My AOL Spyware has just found a keylogger, but since I ran it I have made about 6 credit card transactions. My firewall hasn't alerted my to any programmes trying to access the internet?

Should I cancel my card? Would that be an over-reaction?

Your help,as always, much appreciated.

powertool 10:42 16 Jan 2005

sorry - that should read;

"since I last ran it"

ACOLYTE 10:46 16 Jan 2005

Can you verify the findings with another source?
another spyware app,and see if this gives the same results,what was the logger called?,it might be a good idea to check your card balance/statment,i dont know about canceling it though others may have more info.

bertiecharlie 11:27 16 Jan 2005

If the keylooger is SpyBuddy, it's a false positive. If it is that one, just ignore it and AOL will probably sort it out in a future update.

rmriph 13:46 30 Jul 2005

Hi powertool, did you ever get to the bottom of the problem?I have just found a keylogger on my AOL scan,none of the others ie Ad ware ,spyware doc or microsoft antispy detected it

kdt 18:01 30 Jul 2005

i also had keylogger on my aol but not on adaware or spybot.is aol having trouble?
kdt

rmriph 09:01 02 Aug 2005

Hi Kdt, I sould not worry to much i deleted spyware then run AOL again with a negative result,i think one type of protection is detecting the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?