Keyboard working erratically

Elkopop 21:20 01 Feb 2008

USB Keyboard Bleeping

Keyboard has developed bleeng when typingfast and num lock wont act consistently when pressed on. Have swopped kboard with PS2 variety athis makes no difference. Problem first arose when using keys a s z x etc to control charac movement in WOW now the bleeping seems to raonly happen across most keys althougas im typing this it is not bleeping?? any one have any ideas. Windows thinks PS" 101-103 kboard has up to date drivers and is working fine. Am using Vista for last few months and this is first probem with keyboard. Numloclight wont stay on when pressed as wont Numlock Capital letters.Have set Keyboard speed to medium in Control Panel/Keyboard specs. PS/2 keyboard now is not recognised by computer I Borrowed it from although it lights up but no text keys work Grateful for any ideas ! thanks

mrwoowoo 22:46 04 Feb 2008

Strange one.
In control panel go to problem reports and solutions to see if the keyboard is listed and a solution.
May say to let vista download a driver even though it says driver ok elsewhere.

Elkopop 10:06 05 Feb 2008

I found another keyboard which worked fine on both of the computers mentioned above so have taken the line of least resistence and bought two cheap USB KBoards and all seems ok. I will check out problem reports as you say as have been a bit slow to get to know Vista which is only on my sons machine.- Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone