Keyboard symbol problems

pattybg 14:38 29 Dec 2008

I am having the following problems with my keyboard:

All of a sudden, after some work was done on my computer:

My @ symbol does not produce @, it produces " and vice versa.
Also #\| are all similarly re-located.

I have no idea where my GBP and euro symbols have gone.

Additionally all my dates default to the american standard of mm/dd/yyyy and there isn't even an adequate selection to revert back to the Eurpoean standard.

I would like to resolve this myself rather than have to go back to the party who undertook the work which appears to have triggered the changes.

If you could help me resolve the problem I would be most grateful.

Marko797 14:44 29 Dec 2008

settings/control panel/regional & language settings and make sure all are set to English UK

birdface 14:45 29 Dec 2008

Maybe try this. Regional & language options.English Uk in both dropdown boxes.Then into Languages.Details,English Uk in the dropdown box and in the large box.In the large box if it also gives you English US Remove the US Version.

Pineman100 14:50 29 Dec 2008

What version of Windows do you rrun? Here's how in XP:

Click Start>Control Panel(Classic View)>Regional & Language Options> Regional Options Tab.

Make sure that the field at the top shows "English (United Kingddom)".

Now click the Languages tab, and click Details button. On the Settings tab make sure the keyboard shows United Kingdom.

birdface 14:52 29 Dec 2008

Right click the clock.Adjust date and time.Set Date and time.Then go into time Zone.In the dropdown bar make sure GMT geenwich mean time Dublin, Edinburgh,Lisbon & london is on there.And the square is ticked at the bottom.Then into Internet time.make sure the box is ticked Automatically synchronize with internet time server.Update now.See if that works.

skidzy 15:09 29 Dec 2008

my apologies,i have only just seen this thread click here

pattybg 15:31 29 Dec 2008

Marko797, Buteman, Pineman100

Many thanks for your help and interest. Problem is now sorted. Many thanks - its great to be able to draw upon your expertises.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie