Keyboard £ sign problem

ray27 11:05 01 Aug 2003

My daughter ?in law has a new Dell with Windows XP Home and a Logitech Cordless Key board.

The problem is that whenever she uses the £ sign on her key board she gets the $ sign and quite a lot of the keys do not correspond to what is printed on them.

I suppose it is configured to the wrong language.

I have checked out the regional language setting in control panel and they are set to English (United Kingdom)

I do know there is a site where you can download configurations for keyboard but I cant remember where it was .

How do I get the keyboard to recognise the £ sign etc?.

Any advice would be very helpfull

Cheers Ray

Jester2K II 11:10 01 Aug 2003

Have you looked at the Logitech Keyboard settings? Is there a program on the Start Menu that might allow you to change the region??

hugh-265156 11:39 01 Aug 2003

the settings can be changed to uk in control panel/regional and language options/ under the regional options and language/details tabs.

john-232317 11:51 01 Aug 2003

Control panel

Keyboard language

add english UK

Apply.....OK

Also right click icon at bottom right of screen for config, but this only sets hot buttons.ie webpage, audioplayer etc.

Jester2K II 11:59 01 Aug 2003

Control panel

Regional And Language Options

Languages Tab

Details... button

Set Default Input Language to UK

Also Add Keyboard UK to list below and remove US.

Reboot.

woodchip 12:05 01 Aug 2003

You are using the US keyboard setting follow advice above

ray27 12:16 01 Aug 2003

Many thanks for the info

I will inform her of what you advise and see how she gets on and get back to you with the results

Many thanks (this is gonna make me look good in her eyes )
Ray

superfifth 12:23 01 Aug 2003

Use Alt and Shift keys together to toggle between USA and English.(This does not work for Huggyg71)(Does it Huggy?)

RichieT 12:30 01 Aug 2003

I have downloaded photos from my brother who uses an Applemac and the camera bundled with it
4 of the 5 I have opened using iView with all plug-ins loaded
The last one I suspect may be a short Video clip brings up an Mp3 Player saying obviously no file loaded
Is there a viewer available? or will he have to send me his camera software?

hugh-265156 12:44 01 Aug 2003

nope superfifth,still does not work for me for some strange reason.the hotkey is enabled though??

woodchip 16:42 01 Aug 2003

Are you using a laptop? Have a look under keyboard in control panel, if it shows UK or British see if there is a extra button, in there as I had this problem with a laptop I set the keyboard to British English but the extra button I hade to set to US international. I thought the laptop needed drivers, as I set it up for someone who had bought it from one of these ex business lease computer companies. I got all the drivers but had a job trying to get the keyboard to work as UK and I did the above to get it going.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017