Keyboard replacment

hiwatt 19:52 24 Dec 2009

Hi folks.Can anyone recommend a cheapish keyboard for a Packard bell istart 2380.Our crazy kitten has chewing through the cable(as well as my phone charger,and xmax tree lights)I've managed to tape it together in the mean time but will need a new one.This one that came with it looks like a cheap one.I've got a spare one but it's got a usb fitting rather than the round purple plug?Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks.

Strawballs 20:02 24 Dec 2009

Any keyboard with a PS2 (round purple)fitting get one for about £5 at ASDA

grey george 20:04 24 Dec 2009

You can get usb to ps2 adapters there dirt cheap.

woodchip 20:36 24 Dec 2009

You can get one from about £4 at a Computer Fair. And they are cheap in Aldi and Lidl when they get them in also check out Maplins and PCworld

hiwatt 21:51 24 Dec 2009

Thanks for the suggestions folks.I wasn't sure if I needed a specific one,didn't think so though.I'll get one when I'm next in asda.Cheers folks.Merry christmas and all the best.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:04 25 Dec 2009

Do not attempt to connect or disconnect a PS2 keyboard with the PC switched on!

crosstrainer 11:39 25 Dec 2009

Ll the above are good suggestions.....As for the kitten (no I'm serious) Get a cheap babies teething ring from Asda or suchlike. Put it in the freezer for an hour or so and then encourage your new friend to chew on it....She / He is only teething, but at the rate it's going, you will have no appliances AND probably no cat shortly!

I have used this many times with puppies, and it works a treat.

wiz-king 13:11 25 Dec 2009

If it is an old PC make sure you get a PS2 one (or one with PS2 adaptor) as a lot of older PCs wont recognise a USB keyboard.

You might also need the extended (lives) warranty for the kitten!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?