Keyboard problems

p;3 18:22 18 Dec 2009

My keyboard took an unexpected bath via a large mug of hot sugarred coffee;I have thorougly cleaned it via a dunk in warm water ( the computer connection plug stayed firmly out of the dunking) ; however, after a week drying out in the warm airing cupboard the keyboad seems not yet ready for use and has set my computer alarm off
How long might it take to dry out completely ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:25 18 Dec 2009

I think it may be the fact it was sugar and coffee. the sugar will cause "tracking across the keys and the coffee is slightly acidic and may have caused corrosion.

I think your probably looking at a new keyboard here.

GaT7 18:40 18 Dec 2009

I agree with FB. It's a good thing keyboards are inexpensive these days, starting at just £4 delivered, e.g. click here. More choice in this related search click here{keyboard}%2bc{420}%2b&cpage=1. G

GaT7 18:42 18 Dec 2009

The 2nd link again click here. G

justjill 19:54 18 Dec 2009

If it helps, I recently bought a Logitech EX100 wireless mouse and keyboard from Argos for £17.99 click here It is excellent, has a 5 year guarantee and is apparently spill-resistant!

Hope that helps :)

GaT7 20:08 18 Dec 2009

Or, how about a fully waterproof keyboard click here? Should keep out the coffee & just about everything else too. G

p;3 17:26 20 Dec 2009

have now a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 but problem is no info in the box as to what the different keys 'do'

any clues out there?

Terry Brown 17:32 20 Dec 2009

It seems as that the keys has pictograms on them, the best way to learn, is to pressa key and see what it does.

I had a keyboard like that some time ago, and I believe I went to the control panel (Keyboard) and checked the settings from there.

This is alink to the webpage
click here
Terry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:37 20 Dec 2009

click here

glad to see its spill resistant :0)

Windows Hot Keys
My Computer and Calculator Hot Keys provide one-touch access to
features you use most.
Spill-Resistant Design
Integrated water channels drain liquid away.
E-mail and Internet Hot Keys
Check your e-mail or start your Web browser with the touch of a button.
Media Center
Control your media activities — Play/Pause, Volume Up, Volume Down,
Mute, Media Player Launch — with the touch of a button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone