Keyboard problems

steve263000 17:27 17 Sep 2008

I have a wireless keyboard (Microsoft) that does not respond properly. I have changed the batteries but it still takes ages to type a letter. Is it just the case of buy a new keyboard or anyone have any ideas?

Technotiger 17:50 17 Sep 2008

I assume it is connected via a USB dongle - is your computer USB2 capable, if your computer only has USB1 then that would make your keyboard work more slowly, because I would suspect that the keyboard is USB2.

sharpamat 18:25 17 Sep 2008

Do you have other wireless items in use such as router etc ? or other electrictal items close by. If so this could also be the cause, I had it after connecting an ethernet adaptoe for BT Vision

By moving the receiver for the keyboard closer to the board it solved the problem

steve263000 09:38 18 Sep 2008

I have had this keyboard for years without a problem and all of a sudden it has stopped working. However, as I was writing this I had a thought and pressed the connect button a couple of times and then it started to work fine. I will leave it a day or two and if it continues to work I will mark it resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?