keyboard probleme

User-359419E1-4301-4293-B57B323B4A77A8F1 18:48 23 Sep 2003

Hi
My computer doesnt respond to the command
(Ctrl+Alt+Del),ive tried to change the keyboard language but didnt solve it.I have Win98 SE compaq internet keyboard,
Any ideas??

VoG II 19:00 23 Sep 2003

Does CTRL+SHIFT+ESC work?

VoG II 20:57 23 Sep 2003

By e-mail

no it didnt,just pops up the start menu
thanks

Djohn 22:24 23 Sep 2003

I think that's what is supposed to happen, then you can shut down any running programs that you wish to. j.

VoG II 22:28 23 Sep 2003

No sorry, CTRL+SHIFT+ESC is an alternative to ALT+CTRL+DEL and should bring up Task Manager.

As to why it should open the start menu I don't know. Hence my previous post with no solution.

Pesala 00:01 24 Sep 2003

I just tried typing "Taskman" into the Run dialogue. Anyone else ever done that?

Djohn 00:43 24 Sep 2003

Yes, I see what you mean now! I had to re-read the question several times, kept seeing it as Ctrl/Alt/del. sort of word blindness. Think it was the "eye candy thread" that did it. :o(

does anyone know any other commands that do the job?

it seems to me before that the keyboard's buttons
were messed up and jammed so i opend it and checked everything and they were fine,but still doesnt work .
plz plz tell me any alternative way for ctrl+alt+del to brings up the task manager.
cheers

woodchip 20:59 25 Sep 2003

Try this it may work, It's what I did to get a Laptop Keyboard working right. Make sure that the keyboard is set to English British there is or should be a item in the same dialogue for setting to US General without altering the English British Settings. This is as far as I can Remember. In the Control Panel Keyboard Settings
Hope it Helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017