keyboard problem

  Ranger 19:51 07 Dec 2007

My daughter has a Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop. One of the character keys "page down" has come off the keyboard and I can't re-attach it. I wouldn't attempt to open the laptop up myself. Can this be fixed easily for example by a competent repair shop or back to Dell. Warranty long gone. The function "page down " still works with the remaining rubber button. Any suggestions?

  MCE2K5 19:54 07 Dec 2007

Possable answer, click here

  Ranger 20:07 07 Dec 2007

Thanks for the link MCE2K5. Have tried to push it back on without success and have fiddled with it today for two hours without success. I may try glue but only as a last resort.

  Technotiger 20:16 07 Dec 2007

If you have a friendly PC shop nearby, why not take it into the shop and ask if they could do it for you - if it is going to be able to be clicked back into place, that should only take them a minute or so.

Glue should be absolutely the last choice - double-sided sellotape sticky-pad might be better, just cut a small piece off a corner of a pad.

  Ranger 11:02 08 Dec 2007

Thanks Technotiger for that. I hadn't thought of using double sided tape. i have a shop near to where I work that has a good reputation. I'll try them first. Thanks to all for your contributions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone