keyboard problem

musiclady 11:01 31 Oct 2003

I can't get the @ sign on my ohter keyboard it's an old connection.Also none of the numbers work either.Has it died on me?

Gongoozler 11:12 31 Oct 2003

Hi musiclady. It certainly sounds dead to me. Fortunately keyboards aren't expensive. There is a good range at reasonable prices, have a look at E-Buyer click here, but don't forget to add the poastage!

Belatucadrus 11:27 31 Oct 2003

Have you tried tipping it upside down and shaking it ? It may sound daft but keyboards accumulate a load of grot inside if not cleaned out occasionaly, a blast with a compressed air duster may not be a bad idea if you have one.

MjM Hellfire 11:40 31 Oct 2003

You can aslo clean a keyboard by letting it lie in soapy water for a while, then dry it off with a cloth and leavy it in an airing cupboard or near a radiator to dry its electronics.

Dont be worried, many people will say NOOOOOOO! but I can assure you it works. What have you got to lose, keyboards can be bought for about ?5 these days, so you might as well give it a go.

I would only do this as a last resort, dont make a habit of dipping expensive keyboards into water.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone