keyboard missing letters.

davo1967 09:24 27 Mar 2010

My pc is missing letters, i have tried 2 different keyboards same thing, it seems to be intermittent it was ok last week, just wondering if it might be drivers, the driver date is saying 2001, i have tried updating through device manager but it keeps saying could'nt find a better match or maybe usb drivers, any ideas please.

birdface 09:27 27 Mar 2010

Maybe remove the driver from device manager and reboot and Microsoft should install it again.

davo1967 09:29 27 Mar 2010

hello buteman, tried that no joy, any other suggestions ?

It is likely to be the driver if you have tried different keyboards (I assume here this isn't a laptop). You should go to the PC manufacturers site and download (save) the driver and try updating the driver via the Control panel Computer management screens. Or put in your OS/system recovery disc and go for a REPAIR (not reinstall) (google how to do that) or failing that reinstall your operating system (last option) - Windows?

If it's still a problem then likely you have a hardware problem and you could try getting a different sound card (PCI/PCIe).

davo1967 09:35 27 Mar 2010

thanks, bit drastic the reinstall bit, i 'll try another keyboard i think, cant find the drivers from the manufacturer.

Sea Urchin 10:03 27 Mar 2010

"My pc is missing letters, i have tried 2 different keyboards same thing"

When you say it is "missing letters" do you mean it types the wrong letters, or types nothing at all? If the former then you need to reset the regional language from USA English to UK English.

davo1967 10:08 27 Mar 2010

hello, it types nothing at all, its missing the "s" and "L".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

These beautiful, mesmerising & subtle GIFs celebrate 30 years of the artform

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017