keyboard locking on new laptop and it's replacement. Is it me?

yorkiegal 21:51 10 Feb 2012

Last week I bought an HP Pavilion G6 laptop. From the start the keypad kept locking and I was unable to type any text either online or even in the start page /help section etc. The text size also keeps changing as I type, although that might be because my hand rests slightly on the mousepad as I type. It's difficult not to do so due to the location. The cursor also keeps sticking for ages. When it locks I can't type any letters or numbers but the function keys at the top still work.

I took the laptop back to Curry's today and exchanged it for one of the same. I'm having the exact same problems with my replacement.

yorkiegal 22:05 10 Feb 2012

apologies, meant to say trackpad not mousepad, though I'm sure you all knew what I meant by it. :)

rdave13 22:06 10 Feb 2012

Take the laptop back to Curries and explain the problem and ask them to use the laptop and see if the problem re-occurs again. It might be a design fault especially as HP favour these small 'light' touch switches that you might not be aware of. I've found PC World/Curries staff very helpful especially if they are aware you know something about PCs.

yorkiegal 22:41 10 Feb 2012

thanks Dave. I've just found the HP forum and there are a multitude of posts there from people experiencing the same problem so it does look like a design fault. So annoying, especially having to trek back to Curry's in the snow again lol. Hopefully it will be third time lucky but I'm going to choose a different model this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?