Keyboard locked out

Biker Dave 14:50 15 Apr 2008

Just rebuilding an old Mesh matrix pc after the mb failed. Have bought the same mb and all has gone well until I booted up. I get the single post beep showing no error and the hd is identified but then i get a message line saying 'keyboard is locked unlock'. I don't know the origin of the mb but i am using the standard keyboard and mouse via ps2. I have tried restting via cmos which then takes me into the bios asking me to set the cpu speed but I can't do this as the keyboard is locked! I know it must be something simple but I can't find it even in the forum database.
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Dave

Gordon999 15:41 15 Apr 2008

The filter keys option may turned on in the accessibility control panel. Basically, you think the keyboard is not working, but it is, just REALLY slow. If you keep your finger on a key long enough, it will pop up. Once I de-selected the filter keys, it worked perfectly fine.

Biker Dave 16:28 15 Apr 2008

Hi Gordon
thanks for answer. The board is different to my old mb so after much digging it requires a jumper across 2 pins, job done :-)

Cheers
Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?