keyboard keys stick when plaing games

shakie_uk 17:39 12 Dec 2007

ok, this is a problem that loads of people seem to have but no-one seems to have a solution.

When I play games in win xp....if i move in a direction i press the corrosponding movement key but for some reason even when i let go of that key it just keeps moving...It makes playing games impossible!!!. Its driving me nuts.

some solutions i have read dont work eg

I have disabled windows sticky keys
all my drivers are upto date.
it has nothing to do with number lock.
I have even checked directx

the keyboard works fine at all other times....its just when i play games!!!

anyone with any ideas??

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 12 Dec 2007

What games?

Perhaps you need to play them using compatility mode if they are old games (pre XP)

shakie_uk 23:21 12 Dec 2007

i wish it were that.

my computer is powerfull and the games are varied...mostly new. some older.

its very annoying.

Totally-braindead 23:29 12 Dec 2007

Have you tried another keyboard?

wolfie3000 04:44 13 Dec 2007

is it a bluetooth or radio keyboard?

My blue tooth keyboard sometimes does this if the signal drops.

All i can suggest is to find an updated driver for your keyboard if it is wireless.

shakie_uk 23:20 13 Dec 2007

its a wireless keyboard. but it happens when i connect a normal wired keyboard too.....it is definately not a problem with the keyboard.

I think it has something to do with directx. there are so many people out there with the same problem....so many forum sites with the same question. I have yet to find a solution. maybe there isnt one.

rodomog2 16:21 31 Dec 2007

I have the same problem. It seemed to happen after I installed my LCD monitor, but can't be sure. It is a 22 Envision lcd. As Shakie said it happens in older games as well (like Battlefield 1942). I reinstalled video drivers, Direct X and no solution?? Help.. I have a com port keyboard. Same one I have always had, and my problem just showed up about 1 month ago.. about same time as the monitor...

Graham. 16:30 31 Dec 2007

May be some delay between the graphics and monitor. Maybe there's a site where you can test.

rdave13 18:07 31 Dec 2007

Might be way off here. Do you use an UPS system and is it controlled via usb? Had problems with playing simple action games with the lad as the 'fire' button seemed to be always on. On some games the player would always be running. Disconnected the UPS in it's control panel and the games worked ok.

rodomog2 18:19 20 Jan 2008

There seems to be a lag with input to my keyboard even entering text here. LIke if I hold down the w key for any length of time, say a one count it does this wwwwwwwwwww. I tried disconnecting the USB connections from the back one at a time and no help.

rodomog2 18:20 20 Jan 2008

I don't have a UPS system. It is something....l

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?