Keyboard Identification

Peterdoubt 07:59 01 Oct 2007

OS Windows XP Home
Several months ago I replaced a Logitec 'easy internet access' keyboard with a Microsoft Wired keyboard model RT2300. Before connecting the new k/board, I un-installed the Logitech software. There were no problems until about 2 weeks ago, following the installation of a new motherboard (fitted by PC World engineer under my cover plan). Although the MS keyboard operates correctly, every time I boot up, I'm asked to instal a driver for the Logitech k/board. The driver is still available via C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and if I click 'OK' to instal it, Device Manager identifies the keyboard as 'easy internet access'; alternatively, if I click 'cancel', D Manager says the Keyboard is 'unknown device'. Either way, the current k/board functions correctly! Any ideas?

birdface 08:49 01 Oct 2007

How about deleting the driver and reboot.Microsoft will replace it.It may just need up-dating.

Peterdoubt 13:22 01 Oct 2007

Hi Buteman, deleting driver didn't work - keyboard and mouse became inoperable! I rescued the driver from recycle bin, followed instructions to install and now have mouse and keyboard working but Device Manager still identifies the keyboard as Logitech Easy Internet K/B

Peterdoubt 13:29 01 Oct 2007

Hi Marg7, As per my comments to Buteman, the K/Board is identified as Logitech Easy Internet. Will try your suggestion anad keep my fingers crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?