Keyboard driver

the hick 19:09 22 Sep 2010

Just started the spare PC, on Win XP. Keyboard not working, and via 'control panel - settings - keyboard' the Windows keyboard driver appears to be missing. Is it possible to download another one? Any advice appreciated.

rdave13 19:13 22 Sep 2010
  the hick 19:32 22 Sep 2010

rdave13, thanks for the link. I followed this, but Hardware-Properties tab would not open, therefore no Driver tab.
I just cannot think why it has disappeared.

rdave13 19:40 22 Sep 2010

Can you get to device manager and scroll down to keyboard, expand and right click for menu?
Think it's right click my computer, manage then device manager.

the hick 20:12 22 Sep 2010

Yes, got there, it says 'device not configures correctly', and click to reinstall driver, then expects a disc, or instal from specific location.

rdave13 20:16 22 Sep 2010

Sometimes a reboot can correct this fault.

the hick 23:01 22 Sep 2010

Reboot failed to cure this problem. I need to download driver from somewhere, but not found site as yet.

rdave13 18:51 23 Sep 2010

Do you need to enter a password on your account? Does the keyboard work then? If so then go to your user account and remove the password. If'no' then please ignore above.
Try this, go to device manager again and scroll down to keyboards and expand to ps/2 keyboard.
(I'm assuming you're not using a USB one).
Right click the keyboard and select uninstall. Reboot and log in. 'Found new hardware' wizard should kick in and install the driver.

the hick 19:54 27 Sep 2010

rdave13, went to device manager, but no 'keyboard' at all. My keyboard is USB, and in the USB controllers, it has USB device with exclamation mark on it, so I click, and it says, 'reinstall driver', which I do not have. Most perplexing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone