Keyboard doesn't work - then mouse frezees

Ben Chuud 03:36 01 Jul 2003

I purchased a Tablet from Serif, connected it to the serial port. Then my problems started.. I have W2K installed, now my mouse works, my keyboard does not..In Control Panel, System, Hardware, The keyboard does NOT show, I am told by Windows that the mouse/keyboard share the same PS2 connection, how can it be as I have them plugged in as they have allways been. Unplugging, switching OFF/On is not making the keyboard to work.. when i mess about it in windows, the mouse also freezes.. please help

MichelleC 09:17 01 Jul 2003

Have you looked in Device Manager for yellows?

Ben Chuud 21:34 01 Jul 2003

Yes, I have, it doesnt appear in the device manager at all.. Once when it did, I tried to update driver, it responded with response that it will share share the same PS2 connection, when I said go ahead, the mouse froze and stopped working... I cannot even get into the BIOS as the keyboard does not work even then. What do I do.

MichelleC 08:58 02 Jul 2003

The Serif site is offline, so I can't find out what a Tablet is. Have you tried their support?

Ben Chuud 08:30 07 Jul 2003

I found a way around it, purchased a serial mouse, connected it to the PC, left the keyboard hooked to the PS/2 connection and now it works.. Thanks for all the support/comments.. Bye 4 now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017