Keyboard commands win 7 live Mail

Nonagon 17:48 23 Nov 2010

since i got a new pc with win 7 sometimes i cannot see everything in menu bars in this instance it is the tools menu in windows live messenger.i'm aware there are certain key strokes that reveal these menus -anyone know them? thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:28 23 Nov 2010

Shortcut Command How useful(?)
Tab Move to a different section of the window
Enter Activate a selected button or hyperlink
F10 Select File Menu
F10-Down Arrow Open the File Menu
F10-Right Arrow Move between menus
Home Go to the first item in a list
End Go to the last item in a list
Shft-Enter Start a new line in a message without sending it
Ctrl-Enter Start a new line in a message without sending it
Ctrl-Tab Next tab
Ctrl-Shft-Tab Previous tab
Escape Close dialog box
Escape Close conversation window

birdface 20:20 23 Nov 2010

When you open Windows live messenger look neer the top left where it says your sign in name and click on the little arrow on the side of it.Scroll down to show menu and tick it.

birdface 20:24 23 Nov 2010

All depends what page is open as your sign in name maybe near the top left of page.And just click on the arrow and then show menu.
So just a matter of looking near the top left or top right.

birdface 20:27 23 Nov 2010

Some windows short cut keys if you want to save it to Favorites.

click here

Nonagon 16:25 24 Nov 2010

Sorry guys looking for tools in Windows Live mail and cannot seem to see it or signin name for that matter. Are we talking about the same thing here ?this is like a later version of outlook

Sea Urchin 17:11 24 Nov 2010

So it is Windows Live Mail - not Messenger. To reveal the Tools menu tap the Alt key. To make it remain permanently click Alt+M and select Show Menu Bar.

Nonagon 19:10 24 Nov 2010

Sorry my fault it isWindows Live Messenger hit alt key and numbers 123 and letters FHOVS come up no sign of tools menu as far as i can see.

Sea Urchin 19:28 24 Nov 2010

As I said that was for Windows Live Mail - sorry but I don't use Messenger.

birdface 13:58 25 Nov 2010

Maybe try once more.
Open Windows Live Messenger and near the top left or near the top right will be your sign in name.
Mines would be something like John Smith.
Now all you have to do is look for your sign in name and click on the little arrow on the right hand side of it and scroll down to show the menu bar and make sure it is ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?