Keyboard altered after reinstall.

Miros 00:50 23 Oct 2006

Can anyone please help? After a reinstall the @ and " have swapped places on the keyboard.
could this be the difference between the English and American keyboards which I was asked to choose during set up? I thought I chose the English one, could have made an error of course, and if I did can I revert without doing a reinstall? I would live with it if that was the case.
The swap really doesn't make sense unless the American keyboard is marked differently of course.

terryf 01:02 23 Oct 2006

go to control panel>regional and languages and make sure regional options is set to UK

Totally-braindead 01:02 23 Oct 2006

Yes thats what it is alter it in control panel to UK in the Regional and Language options

phil46 01:05 23 Oct 2006

Go to control panel click on Regional and languages and click on details and change to UK.

terryf 01:06 23 Oct 2006

Did I stuuer or I seeing triple :-)

terryf 01:07 23 Oct 2006

sorry meant stutter

Totally-braindead 01:10 23 Oct 2006

Some of us are slower typers than you terryf

terryf 01:23 23 Oct 2006

I've been practicing a long, long, long time, over 3 score years and 10 :-)

Miros 02:09 23 Oct 2006

Wow just been doing an e-mail to an old buddy in Canada, didnt expect all that response did find one item entered in US of A English, need to restart PC for alteration to take effect, will do that and hope for best. Cheers.

Miros 02:23 23 Oct 2006

@@@@ OK """ Normal. Thanks for quick response.

Most items were selected for UK English only one wasn't! This is windows logic, why have a bit of this and a bit of that.

And before anyone pulls me up on that, I think I can see the reason, I think I can, maybe?

Last week after the reinstall Windows Wizard couldn't find the modem driver, I could it couldn't or wouldn't, it wanted to go an line all the time, no modem, no internet, that's Windows logic for you.
Cheers everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?