keyboard

newmananddora 15:43 22 Feb 2012

I would be gratful if anyone could shed some light I had on a PC. I had a fairly old keyboard and suddenly N and M in a diagonal up left to Fr and F$ would not work. Thinking it was the keyboard I bought a new USB keyboard but the same fault existed, Then a friend lent me another old keyboard and that worked fine.The new keyboard still has the same fault as does the first old keyboard

northumbria61 22:12 22 Feb 2012

Have you installed any updates (automatically or manually) recently that could have changed this keyboard? If not -

Check in Control Panel - Region & Language - under keyboard & languages tab - Change Keyboard - in Text Service & Input Languages Screen - General Tab - make sure that English (United Kingdom) is the only one installed.

Also in Control Panel - Keyboard - Keyboard Properties - Key Settings Tab - Make sure correct keyboard is installed (click Change tab to check)

lotvic 23:43 22 Feb 2012

Have you tried the new 'faulty' keyboard on another pc? (a friends if you haven't got another pc)

markd71 00:21 23 Feb 2012

What's your location ? Where did you buy the keyboard ?

newmananddora 12:18 23 Feb 2012

I bought it at PCWorld.But can it be a coincidence that the old and new keyboard have the same fault? I think not

robin_x 12:44 23 Feb 2012

Maybe the generic keyboard drivers are no good.

Are there any drivers on the PC Make and Model mfrs page?

Or the keyboard mfrs page? ie for multimedia keys?

Any special install instructions with new keyboard?

newmananddora 12:53 23 Feb 2012

The pointI was trying to make is, the fault was on my old keyboard that had been there for years, the same fault on my new keyboard. This fault was there on a friend's computer but an old keyboard he gave me worked fine.It is working now but I am intruiged as to how that could happen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?