keyboard

snoopygirl 21:46 17 Jan 2008

what button do i press for getting my emails on the keyboard thanks

DieSse 21:50 17 Jan 2008

There isn't such a button on a standard keyboard.

You either go onto the web, in the case of webmail - or you run Outlook Express or a similar program.

If you explain a bit better we may be able to give better help. Have you set up an email account with anyone yet?

snoopygirl 21:52 17 Jan 2008

i have got my email accounts no problem i was told you can press a button on the keyboad to access your emails or to send one i not sure if i can

DieSse 21:56 17 Jan 2008

Some keyboards do have extra buttons for this (mine does) - standard ones don't.

Does you heyboard have extra buttons around the edge or along the top?

Does one of them have an envelope on it?

Technotiger 21:56 17 Jan 2008

It depends on what keyboard you have. Mine is a Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard and I have a key to press to accept my Mail, among other keys that do various jobs. If you have such a key it would most probably have 'picture' of an envelope on it.

Technotiger 21:57 17 Jan 2008

Or if you are using Incredimail keys F10 F11 and F12 are mail functions.

DieSse 21:58 17 Jan 2008

PS - All the button will do if you have one, is to start your email program (mine starts Thunderbird - I never use the button - it's quicker to click the icon)- just like you do now another way.

snoopygirl 22:03 17 Jan 2008

my keyboard is a logitech s510

snoopygirl 22:07 17 Jan 2008

i cant find a envelope at all thanks

birdface 22:12 17 Jan 2008

Nice One.Just noticed that I had an envelope key on my keyboard .Tried it and works fine.Thanks for the info.

DieSse 22:13 17 Jan 2008

The S510 does have such a button, but I can't find a clear enough picture on the web to tell you which one.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?