kernel32.exe virus found

slowhand_1000 19:08 14 Feb 2003

A friend of mine has been running their pc for the last 2 years without any anti virus. They have now found out (by installing Norton AV) that they have been infected with Badtrans virus.
The trouble seems to be that the virus, from what I can gather, is stopping Norton from doing a full system scan / repair and the dreaded 'blue screen' of death appears every few seconds.
The question is, my anti virus is fully up to date and could I be a good samaritan and connect their hard drive as slave on my system and scan / repair the drive WITHOUT infecting my system ?.
I apologise before hand if the answer to this question seems obvious to those who know.

slowhand

ps. A first class example on having and keeping anti virus up to date.

Terrahawk 19:11 14 Feb 2003

will this help

click here

VoG™ 19:14 14 Feb 2003

There is a removal tool click here which might help you.

anchor 19:15 14 Feb 2003

Read this advice first from Norton:

click here

Removal instructions are towards the end of the page.

spikeychris 19:15 14 Feb 2003

Easier way is to [email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here and download the tool or remove manually. Personally I would not even think about using your machine as there are lots of reasons why this will not work.

Chris

spikeychris 19:18 14 Feb 2003

But I might as well correct my link

click here

slowhand_1000 19:52 14 Feb 2003

cheers all
I will use the removal tool, as I said it was just a thought about using my pc (trying for easy way out lol).

will tick as resolved before I forget and get a slap.

slowhand

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?