Kerio Firewall Advice

birdface 15:06 08 Oct 2008

Hi.Paid for version of Kerio Firewall.It's a bit complicated for me.I had to untick NIPS as it was blocking most of A Squared,And had to untick web as it was blocking a lot of my Favorites and some of my web addresses.Is there any way to configure it properly to allow certain Sites.I have looked but cannot find anything.Plus is there any way to restore it to it's original state.Or can anybody tell me what I should have ticked and what not to.Thanks in advance.

Technotiger 15:23 08 Oct 2008

Hi, I too have the paid version. Under Network security, I have Enable Network sec module ticked - all the other sub-tabs I have left to their own devices. Under Intrusions, I do not have any of the boxes ticked. Under Web, I have Enable web filtering ticked and Block pop-up and pop-under windows - no other boxes ticked. Web/Privacy tab, only box ticked is Filter foreign cookies. Site exceptions tab, I have listed all my popular sites, like microsoft/speedbit/grisoft/msn/incredimail etc etc.

There is so much more, but this should get you started. If you have any specific questions, I will do my best to answer them.

birdface 15:49 08 Oct 2008

Many thanks for your help I have copied all your settings.Now under Exception tabs.Do I just put in Incredimail or do you have to put in the full address.Just so that I know what to do with the others.Under Log/Settings do you have Log to Syslog ticked or unticked.

Technotiger 15:51 08 Oct 2008

Put the normal URL.

Technotiger 15:51 08 Oct 2008

Log Settings - no ticks at all.

birdface 15:55 08 Oct 2008

Ok many thanks for your help.That should do it.If anything else needing done that you can think of feel free to let me know at any time.

Technotiger 16:04 08 Oct 2008

I don't think you will have any further problems, and once you have set it to your own preferences, you can virtually forget it is there. I very very rarely need to touch mine, have had it several years.

birdface 16:12 08 Oct 2008

Ok.Thanks for your help.I got to the stage where I was thinking of going back to Windows firewall again.I will leave this thread open until to-morrow in case I get any problems and need further advice.Many thanks for your help.Your a Star.

birdface 20:54 08 Oct 2008

With enable web filtering ticked,My Speed checks will not work properly so have had to switch it off.Will try deleting them from favorites and see if that helps and download them as I need them.Any idea of any other method that i could use.

Technotiger 21:15 08 Oct 2008

By speed checks I assume you mean download/upload speeds. I don't know why they do not work for you, they work as normal for me.

birdface 22:37 08 Oct 2008

They work ok with it off. It must be because I am a bit short on memory.So not going to bother to much about it and just use Windows firewall at the moment.I will have another try at it to-morrow getting a bit fed up with it just now.I have all the details on how to run it properly thanks to you.Thank you for all of your time spent helping me with my problem.It was appreciated.But will now class as resolved and may get back to you in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?