keeping pca cookie

Kingfisher 16:58 27 Oct 2006

since pca's new format I have to keep entering my email address and password,I cant find how to retain it. I use webroot window washer but pca is in my cookie keeper, also in spybot, have got adaware but cant find anything about keeping cookies, I have winxp sp2 with ie6,would appreciate any help,p.s. I have seen reference to ie7 having a facility to keep cookies, how good is ie7

rawprawn 17:28 27 Oct 2006

It's not a problem with IE 7, probably Window Washer is removing the link. I don't think it is always in Cookies

anskyber 17:30 27 Oct 2006

Click on your username top left and check
"Keep me logged in on this computer (unless I log out"

Yes IE7 is excellent in my view if you follow siome basic install procedures.

anskyber 17:32 27 Oct 2006

PS, if you are using one cookie leaner like Webroot then disable the cookie cleaner in Spybot, it has one.

Kingfisher 17:47 27 Oct 2006

Thanks for you replies looks like ie7 here I come

Snec 18:40 27 Oct 2006

Type the following into your address bar:

xxxx@xxxx.com&password=zzzz" title="http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/account/login/index.cfm?action=login&email=xxxx@xxxx.com&password=zzzz" TARGET="_new">click here

at xxxx@xxxx Enter your email address

at zzzz Enter your PCA password

Make sure you keep the cookies and from this point on you will get straight in, no messing.

Kingfisher 09:48 28 Oct 2006

Sorry Snec coudn't get your "click here" to work

Kingfisher 15:42 28 Oct 2006

Hi anskeyber looks like you suggestion has worked, thanks for that, would be interested what your basic install procedures are for installing IE7 as suggested in you thread

anskyber 15:52 28 Oct 2006

The key point with IE7 is to follow the install guidelines in the release notes click here

There is a lot to read there so I'll shortcut it for you. The main issues are to ensure you have third party toolbars amd add ins like google under control. It is possible to disable them but it is best to uninstall in case you have an older version some of which have been incompatible with IE7. re installing the up to date ones afterwards can be done.

"We highly encourage you to install/update to the latest versions of the toolbars that you have installed. We have been actively encouraging application owners to provide updates to their toolbars to ensure compatibility and many have already released updates that work great with Internet Explorer 7.

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behavior, an incompatible toolbar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable specific add-ons to find the specific one causing the problem. Below are instructions on how to manually disable a specific toolbar and a list of known incompatible toolbars that can cause serious issues with Internet Explorer 7.

To disable a toolbar open Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

In Windows, click the Start button.
Click All Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
Once you determine the toolbar causing the issue, you should uninstall the toolbar through Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel and then check the toolbar’s website for an updated version." Is what MS say.

The other thing to remember is to disable any anti virus and the like on install, you are prompted to do so at the relevant time by the IE7 install procedure.

I'm sorry if it sounds daunting it isn't really ans I have found IE7 to be excellent, particularly tabbed browsing.

Kingfisher 16:11 28 Oct 2006

Thanks anskyber, this is just what I am looking for, printing it off now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?