keeping internet connection connected via wireless

scott0404 17:15 08 Apr 2009

Hi all,

I have the BT home hub which is connected directly to my home pc via ethernet cable which is fine, no problems there.

I have a laptop running XP with a belkin Wireless GSB network adaptor, to start off with I had problems getting the hub and adapor connected, and to be honest I havent got a clue what I'm doing so with many buttons pressed and an hour later I got the two connected!!!!

but the problem is it wont stay connected! once the connection drops out I findle the buttons and try re-connection a few times and eventually we have the internet but then when I restart the laptop the connection drops out again, what am I doing wrong please lads and lasses?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers.

tullie 21:56 08 Apr 2009

Was the laptop not allready wifi enabled?

Ashrich 23:04 08 Apr 2009

Start/settings/control panel/system/device manager/network adapters , look at the " Advanced " tab and untick the box that says " Allow Windows to turn this device off to save power , Do the same for the USB ports you use . Go to the Belkin website and download and run the latest drivers for your wireless adapter . Hopefully that should make a difference .

Ashley

scott0404 09:14 09 Apr 2009

Hi tullie,

No is wasnt wifi enabled, my laptop was manafactured around the stone ages!!

I will give that a try thankyou Ashrich and see how it goes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone