Keeping a Home Page

miles right 20:26 15 Jan 2006

Can anybody please tell me which buttons to press to keep Google as my home page? Explorer keeps defaulting to MSN. I have pressed the buttons on 'options'to no avail. Is there another way?
Thanks

wallbash 20:32 15 Jan 2006

Using Firefox its Tools/options

But why not go once step further and try Google X

click here

miles right 20:41 15 Jan 2006

Sorry don't know what google x is?
I used to be able to go home. ie to google, by 'clickinh' on the little house but now i keep going to msn. How can i get it back? Even setting google as my home page via the page or the google toolbar makes no difference. I still go to MSN!!!!

octal 20:45 15 Jan 2006

If you go to Google, then click on Tools then Internet Options, in the window that opens click on the Use current button, click on apply, OK and that should make it your home page.

Hamish 20:48 15 Jan 2006

In IE explorer either open Google then go to Tools, Options and use current page or when in Tools, Options type in click here

Hamish 20:49 15 Jan 2006

Sorry Octal typing slow tonight

VoG II 20:54 15 Jan 2006

If you are usung Ad-aware, it will try to set MSN as the home page. You can change this in Ad-aware.

miles right 21:17 15 Jan 2006

cracked it
i 'typed' it in the 'tools' option box and it stayed. Home page back again!!! Don't know why but it's back.
thanks everyone

Kev.Ifty 23:20 15 Jan 2006

Something that might interest you.

Open Google and add it to your favourites. Then find it in your favourites list, Right click it and select 'Send To'. Click on Desktop(create shortcut) in the list.

Now, on your desktop, you will have a direct link to Google.

This way you can have as many 'Home Pages' as you want.

When I want to connect to the internet, I can click on the Icon for PCA or Google News or maybe the BBC home page.

Hope this is a help.

Kev :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?