Keeping good cookies

johnincrete 06:19 24 Apr 2009

Having taken the courage to use Reg Cure, my PC is much faster but all the cookies have been deleted including passwords etc.
Is there any way to identify and keep "good" cookies so that they are not deleted in a clear-out.
Incidentally, where are they stored so I can see them with "My Computer"

BT 07:50 24 Apr 2009

Use CCleaner. It lets you set up a list of which Cookies you ant to keep.

BT 07:50 24 Apr 2009

Thats 'WANT' to keep of course.

BurrWalnut 08:45 24 Apr 2009

This will retain your favourite cookies and allow the build-up of others to be removed:

1. Delete all your cookies. Then in one internet session go to all your favourite sites to create the cookies and save names, passwords and the like. Now Export the cookies to a file, which will form the heart of your cookie folder. It’s best to use external storage as you may want to use the cookies to reinstall windows, etc.

2. When you feel the cookie folder is getting too large, delete the cookies and Import the file you previously Exported, i.e. back to 2 above.

3. From time to time you will want to add new cookies, just delete the cookies, Import your backup, go to the new websites to create the cookies and immediately Export them.

AlouetteIII 10:05 24 Apr 2009

CCleaner is the easy way to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?