Keepass won't autotype anymore

cowgirl66 18:19 22 Jul 2009

Hi, I am using Keepass password manager v.1.12 and now find I can no longer autotype my Username/Password details into logon webpages. I have even tried selecting target windows to correspond with the password webpage of any particular website I want to enter but it makes no difference.

I am using Firefox 3.5.1

Any help would be much appreciated as this feature is so handy to use.

Regards cowgirl66

cowgirl66 20:07 22 Jul 2009

P.S. I have also tried updating this version to 1.16 but for some reason it won't download. I wait for the update to run as instructed - it's a setup.exe file for Windows - but no go. Nothing happens.

Sea Urchin 00:14 23 Jul 2009

Maybe try and download version 2.08

click here

GaT7 01:34 23 Jul 2009

Try the free LastPass click here. You may not want or need to use another.

This is coming from someone who owns RoboForm Pro (click here). G

cowgirl66 09:09 23 Jul 2009

Ok I will try and download v.2.08 but should Ifirst uninstall my existing Keepass database or should I simply update over it?

cowgirl66 09:10 23 Jul 2009

Thanks Crossbow for tha alternative suggestion. If all else fails I will try LastPass. I too have Roboform! But I'm using Keepass as a backup should I lose Roboform.

SimpleSimon1 09:27 23 Jul 2009

Dunno if it's an issue for you but remember that Keepass v2 line is based on MS .NET architecture and requires this to be present to work.

The Keepass v1 line has no external dependencies and can thus be run self-contained from a USB key on any windows PC regardless of whether it has .NET installed or not.

Personally, I always use the second option because it means my data is always with me and even if the key is lost, my password is strong enough to protect the data within.

Good luck

Patrik 11:57 22 Nov 2010

Try to use ProteMac Logon Sentry click here’s tool can capture every login events.I use this tool and I know who logs on my Mac. It’s really good program. Try)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017