Keep getting timed out on Microsoft Up-Dates

birdface 17:51 27 Jul 2007

Hi started getting the message,This application has requested the runtime to be terminated in an unusual way in Microsoft up-dates ,It also happened with another program this morning,I tried Tools options, Advanced ,But the settings in there were correct,One of the problems was something to do with Explorer/ie/oe/shell/wmp.Anyone got any ideas ,Sorry for being a bit vague,But getting timed out with different things.Just remembered the one this morning was in Dial-a-fix it would not repair the Explorer /ie/oe/shell/wmp and got timed out.Any help welcome.I have to go out at 6.30 so sorry if I am unable to get back to you to-night.

Technotiger 17:59 27 Jul 2007

Have you tried the first-line-of-defence System Restore? Worth a try.

birdface 18:19 27 Jul 2007

Never thought about it,But will leave it as a last resort,I think it has something to do with those Blinking Net Framework Downloads,Fed up deleting them and downloading again, If all else fails ,System restore it is ,I was hoping that it was an easy remedy .But maybe not..Thanks for your help.I will let you know if it works.

birdface 18:32 27 Jul 2007

Got to go ,Anyone else with any ideas.I will not be able to reply till to-morrow morning.

birdface 11:54 28 Jul 2007

Hi.Tried deleting IE7,Went back to IE6 and tried there got a few up-dates downloaded and thought thats ok will stay here,But as soon as I tried to download the up-dates for Net Framework, I had the same problem.So tried IE7 again,Just the same,Tried Dial a Fix again but just the same it will not fix Explorer/ie/oe/shell/wmp,It fixes everything else but gets timed out at that one.anyone any idea.

ashdav 12:17 28 Jul 2007

try this click here instead of MS updates.You download the updates and install off line.

brundle 12:22 28 Jul 2007

I've had to sort the Net Framework update on several computers and each seems to require a different method; the most stubborn one was fixed following these instructions;
click here

Start at "The issue can be caused by a damaged .NET Framework component. At this time,
let's refer to the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:
"

birdface 14:57 28 Jul 2007

Hi,Still working on some of yours.No luck yet.Don't know if its worth all the bother though.ashdav not to sure about your fix.But will have a go at it later.

birdface 17:22 28 Jul 2007

Hi.Latest.Have Just uninstalled all Net Framework programs from computer,As far as I know there is a bit of conflict between the new Window installer and the old one that is causing the problems.I believe it is the Net Framework remover that is causing the Time out problem.So will just leave everything as it is untill Microsoft comes out with a proper fix,Thanks everyone for your help,Will class this as resolved unless someone can come up with an idiot proof way of sorting it out.

birdface 19:23 29 Jul 2007

Many thanks,It worked for me,All i need now is how to install Net Framework 2 and the up-date.Got fed up deleting all the Framework programs and trying to install them again with Microsoft up-dates,It never worked ,so was a bit hesitant about using your method.But it worked fine,Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone