keep getting error 0x00000050

mullit79 18:43 17 Mar 2010

hi all, my problem is as follows;

my PC keeps shutting down intermittently and i keep getting error code 0x00000050 i have done all the possible things i can think of i have checked for malware, i have used memtest for RAM, i have run diagnostic tool for hard drive i have stressed tested to see if i could force error, i have replaced graphics card too and have correct drivers installed. all i can now think is could it be motherboard but before i go replacing it is there anything i could of missed.
im running XP pro and its all up to date, and although its been a wile i did reinstall operating system and problem still existed any help would be very welcome. thank you

Pineman100 18:48 17 Mar 2010

Have you seen this?

click here

chub_tor 18:48 17 Mar 2010

Did you read this click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:52 17 Mar 2010

Registry problems cause 0x00000050 errors as well as the memory and HDD problems you seem to have checked.

Try running the registry cleaner in Ccleaner click here its safe to use.

Do not download other registry cleaners unless recommended as they can cause big problems if not used correctly.

mullit79 20:03 17 Mar 2010

ok i tried all above post 1 and 2 i did already done once before but i just checked them again and all were ok CCleaner found a lot of registry faults and fixed them all so now its just a case of wait and see so tank you all for your help and fingers crossed its worked if not i will post back. thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?