KDE 3.1 Themes

powerless 22:01 01 Mar 2004

Ok bit of a long shot but anyone run Mandrake 9.2?

If you do have you intalled any THEMES? If so which one and where did you get it?

I know there is lots of theme sites but too many to choose from.

LastChip 22:09 01 Mar 2004

I do run Mandy 9.2, but as I'm on a steep learning curve at the moment, I've tended to stay with all the defaults, except those I've been forced to change to allow things like networking with my Windows machines to work.

If you do try one, please let us all know how you get on.

Incidentally, a while back, someone posted links to "cool machines" which involved customized cases and desktops. It seems there is almost nothing you can't do with Linux, and some looked really great!

LastChip 22:09 01 Mar 2004

I do run Mandy 9.2, but as I'm on a steep learning curve at the moment, I've tended to stay with all the defaults, except those I've been forced to change to allow things like networking with my Windows machines to work.

If you do try one, please let us all know how you get on.

Incidentally, a while back, someone posted links to "cool machines" which involved customized cases and desktops. It seems there is almost nothing you can't do with Linux, and some looked really great!

Taran 22:37 01 Mar 2004

click here

They have some excellent theme sets and on the few ocassions I've played with themes, this is the site I've used.

Check out their XP theme for KDE click here and the Apple OSX lookalike click here

Taran 22:37 01 Mar 2004

click here

They have some excellent theme sets and on the few ocassions I've played with themes, this is the site I've used.

Check out their XP theme for KDE click here and the Apple OSX lookalike click here

Goycoolea 22:44 01 Mar 2004

Well, I'm using Mandrake 9.2. Which window manager / desktop environment?

For KDE, the best-known site is KDE-look -> click here And for GNOME, I like art.gnome.org -> click here For my money though, if you like KDE or GNOME you can't beat the themes that make Qt and GTK apps look the same - Keramik, Redhat's Bluecurve, and Mandrake's Galaxy/

Cheers,

Dennis

Goycoolea 22:44 01 Mar 2004

Well, I'm using Mandrake 9.2. Which window manager / desktop environment?

For KDE, the best-known site is KDE-look -> click here And for GNOME, I like art.gnome.org -> click here For my money though, if you like KDE or GNOME you can't beat the themes that make Qt and GTK apps look the same - Keramik, Redhat's Bluecurve, and Mandrake's Galaxy/

Cheers,

Dennis

Goycoolea 22:49 01 Mar 2004

I did read the thread title, but went away to look at something else. By the time I'd got back to it, I'd forgotten you'd mentioned which WM/DE. Sorry!

Goycoolea 22:49 01 Mar 2004

I did read the thread title, but went away to look at something else. By the time I'd got back to it, I'd forgotten you'd mentioned which WM/DE. Sorry!

powerless 21:07 02 Mar 2004

Hmmm XP on Linux ummm well i did try it and "Ewwwwwwwww no" just does not seem good.

I'll keep looking.

powerless 21:07 02 Mar 2004

Hmmm XP on Linux ummm well i did try it and "Ewwwwwwwww no" just does not seem good.

I'll keep looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?