KB951748

guesswho2 17:08 08 Oct 2008

Just lately my computer takes ages to connect to 2Mb/s TalkTalk broadband through the Speedtouch 330 modem. Also occasionally, like a few minutes ago, I'll lose the connection for no apparent reason. Whilst browsing the TalkTalk forum just now I received a note stating that ZoneAlarm users should uninstall KB951748 since this could cause disconnection problems. I use Comodo not ZA but, even so, I thought I'd try to uninstall the Security Update.
However, when I tried it, there were warnings from Windows stating that there could be trouble with a whole range of programs incl. AVG, Ashampoo and lots more - so I didn't go ahead.
Can anyone comment?

chub_tor 17:56 08 Oct 2008

click here is the ZoneAlarm page regarding KB951748. I believe they later ammended their software so that the work around was not required. Have you looked at the Commodo website to see if they have issued any warnings or workarounds?

Unless you can pinpoint your loss of speed to the exact time that you installed KB951748 I would guess that there are other factors causing your broadband to slow down.

guesswho2 20:31 08 Oct 2008

OK chub_tor, I think you're probably right and I need to look elsewhere.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?