KazaaLight installation prob.

wetterfugal™ 13:50 03 Apr 2003

I have just downloaded the latest version but the last part of the installation requires me to copy the "Hosts" file into c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. I find that there is already a file of that name in there, it is:734 bytes Aug 2001
The new file is 61Kb Sept 2002

Any ideas?

bruce 18:34 03 Apr 2003

I think that the newer version will contain a more up-to-date list of things you might not want to download, so keep the newer version.

Check out the forum on the website click here.

wetterfugal™ 18:47 03 Apr 2003

The website has been down for some time now, that would have been my first choice,
I think that the file just happens to have the same name as I have not had an earlier version of KazaaLite.

However you have given me an idea, I will do a google search on Hosts, it's probably a bad idea as there is no file extension and I will get loads of who knows what.

wetterfugal™ 18:50 03 Apr 2003
  €dstow 18:52 03 Apr 2003

Don't you think that Kazaa, lite or otherwise, is too much a risky download?

Even if you don't get the obligatory spyware and nasty things with the lite version, there is still the huge danger of picking up something you would rather not have when you are using the program for whatever purpose you downloaded it for.

€d

wetterfugal™ 19:05 03 Apr 2003

Perhaps you are right I do use a older computer for this pupose and quarentine the files and let Norton have a sniff. I do not do much with a 56K modem, it takes too long. The stuff I like is, Dad's Army, Old Time Radio Broardcasts, George Formby even. I think that the hackers go for the charts in order to cause more havoc. I have had no trouble with other programs which have been closed down now.

€dstow 19:15 03 Apr 2003

If you're into old radio, have you found the delights on BBC Radio 7? Some of the THE classics of all time appear on there.

€d

wetterfugal™ 19:21 03 Apr 2003

Yes I have the website as my home page and run it as background [not big toe or little toe of course]I want a DAB radio but £99 for the cheapest is a luxury too far.

recap 21:20 03 Apr 2003

click here it may help once kazaa is installed.

wetterfugal™ 11:59 04 Apr 2003

Thanks for info it is another way to go. I looked harder at the site address you sent me and found more info on the hosts file click here

I get the most pleasure out of, usually with help, sorting out problems, looking at other peoples problems and seeing how they are resolved. I find it very educational.

Thanks again, Vic A.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?