Kaspersky Tech Support or lack of

SeatonSnipe 10:48 02 Jun 2010

Can anyone tell me how to get Kaspersky to react and give support. I reported a problem 2 months ago, Kaspersky have taken on average 7 days to respond to each e-mail when they ask me to carry out various test. I am now no further forward and KIS is letting Malware in. Has anyone found a clever way to put the proverbial boot in? It is sad that their support is so slow when they get such an accolade for their IS package from PC Advisor.

birdface 10:55 02 Jun 2010

No Security program can stop everything that is why you need good back up the likes of Malwarebytes or Superantispyware.
Are they false positives or genuine malware infections.

birdface 11:06 02 Jun 2010

Some more customers with the same opinion.

click here

That was just some bad reviews but i am sure there will be plenty good ones as well.

MAT ALAN 11:08 02 Jun 2010

KIS is letting Malware in.

Does this package include realtime protection
click here

if you have the option to enable any realtime protection DO SO

click here
if you do not have the prog in the link, download it, it wis a superb tool in the prevention of spy/malware...

SeatonSnipe 11:08 02 Jun 2010

The main problem had been that, following an update back in April, KIS Full Scan locked up the computer. Subsequent actions requested by Kaspersky eventually led to a complete reinstall of KIS with a new version. This did not resolve the Full Scan problem but then led to KIS stating the computer was at risk and suggesting "neutralise all" to some malicious threats. However, when one clicks on the neutralise button, nothing happens. As I have said, my biggest gripe is Kaspersky's appallingly slow response

SeatonSnipe 13:00 02 Jun 2010

In response to Mat Alan, realtime protection is set but the problem seems to be with KIS not doing any actions since the newer version was installed.
As I have said before, my real request is to see if anyone knows how to make Kaspersky respond in an acceptable timescale

MAT ALAN 13:40 02 Jun 2010

your chosen anti/malware, as is, with all of them are not the complete package, you will always get new definitions slipping through, so you sorta have to take the belt and braces approach to these issues.

You might want to review some of the FREE progs. on offer and build your defences around them.
There are some superb tools out there that work very well in conjunction with each other...

cannot post any recommendations (still at work)
access issues...

Poitier 14:58 02 Jun 2010

Hi,
I think that the best way to get support is to use their user forum if you are able to. On the main page,click support then user forum.Select support for home users.Response is usually very good.

SeatonSnipe 15:16 02 Jun 2010

Thanks Poitier.
That is where I first started but after their first reply the long delays between replies started

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017