Kaspersky Internet Security False warnings.

Jelly_2 17:27 14 Dec 2006

So, I installed Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 yesterday, no problem. I was told to run a full scan after a restart, so I did.

This is where the problems started. Whilst running the scan, I noticed it was quite slow, so checked Spyware Doctor by clicking the icon, to see if it too was running a scan. Nothing happened and Windows froze, switched to classic appearance, and then crashed, giving me a nice blue screen of death with no error number.

When I restarted, all seemed to be well...until I ran Firefox.

A prompt appeared from Kaspersky, claiming that Firefox was trying to inject itself into other processes. This has happened with every program that Windows tries to run, including System processes. This should not be happening, Micro Mart claims it produces no false positives and a full system scan from Kaspersky, which actually completed itself, showed up with nothing.

Anything you can think of that will stop all these prompts? In fact, does anyone here actually use Kaspersky?

Thanks in advance.

MichelleC 09:00 15 Dec 2006

I've run online scans with K and it's always come up with a virus or trojan eventhough scans with AVG, Adaware, Ewido and A2 haven't. I think K produces faklse positives as a marketing ploy, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, this will bump you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?