Kaspersky Any Tips ?

rawprawn 18:22 22 Jul 2008

I have just loaded Kaspersky 2009 free courtesy of Barclays. I am impressed but it seems quite complicated, for example if I run a scan it lists many "detected" threats however these threats seem to be accepted as simply that and I can't find out how to eliminate them.
Any help appreciated

BEARBEE 18:32 22 Jul 2008

There should be an option to check and delete these, they are probably only cookies and a minor threat if any.

mfletch 18:35 22 Jul 2008

By default, all infected files are subject to disinfection, and if they are potentially infected, they are sent to Quarantine.

Before attempting to treat the object or delete it, Kaspersky Internet Security creates a backup copy and sends it to Backup in case the object needs to be restored or an opportunity arises to treat it.

Select File Anti-Virus under Protection in the main window and click on Open Report.
Select the objects that interest you on the Detected tab and click the Action ? Neutralize all button.
If it is successfully disinfected, it will restored for regular use. If the object cannot be treated, you will be offered to options to delete or skip it. In the latter case, access to the file will be restored. However, this significantly increases the risk of infection on your computer. It is strongly recommended not to skip dangerous objects.

rawprawn 18:55 22 Jul 2008

Select File Anti-Virus under Protection in the main window and click on Open Report
Select File Anti-Virus under Protection in the main window and click on Open Report.
Select the objects that interest you on the Detected tab and click the Action ? Neutralize all button.

sorry I can't find any of that.
I have
Anti Malware
System secuity
Online Security
Content Filtering
These are in the main panel on the left.It tells me to select Anti Malware and select the Anti virus Link
I cannot find it

rawprawn 18:59 22 Jul 2008

PS Kaspersky 2009

i used the beta when nod ran out for a few days, found it incredibly intrusive. it put all my games downloaders into high risk area, my office documents into low risk. didnt ask my opinon just did it reducing their allowances and crashing my system.
anyway to your question, click help after scan and it will show you links to your 'vulnablities' now this bit got me confused, if you scan again after updating the said program it will throw up the same problems unless you manually delete then from kis after updating the problems. this should get rid of them, there was one problem i had with foxit reader whereas the solution was to update to the version i had?. i reinstalled and still had the problem, and went back to nod.
if you get stuck clicking help links their very useful forum, which proves priceless.

"click help after scan and it will show you links to your 'vulnablities'" should read click detected

mfletch 19:05 22 Jul 2008

Right click on Kaspersky;s icon and click on open kaspersky Internet security

Click on protection

Click on computer protection status

The options are there {Quaratine} {detected}

Click on detected {actions}

rawprawn 19:05 22 Jul 2008

I will keep that in mind, but I am beginning to wonder if the whole interface has been changed there seems to be no corrolation between what I have and what people are telling me.

mfletch 19:07 22 Jul 2008

Just seen the 2009 so don;t know if its the same but I bet it is

Mine is 7.0.1.325

rawprawn 19:14 22 Jul 2008

Thanks I have got that, although one listed as "very Dangerous" is Firefox Unfortunately I clicked on clear list, so I will have to scan again to try "actions" for example if I want to say Firefox is safe, and not to show this again can I do it from there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?