Kaspersky 7.0 installation

rabid33 10:22 30 Dec 2007

I downloaded the trial version, then bought a full version online. I decided to uninstall the first, then tried to install the second, however because the downloaded version is based on a link to the trial version I am not permitted to download it twice, therefore can not install the second. I have tried uninstalling, and taking PC back a week to system restore (unsuccessful). Any ideas? I have approached seller and Kaspersky but no response as yet.

Press Man 10:51 30 Dec 2007

rabid33,

click here use this removal tool then clean up with CCleaner click here, then try installing again. Be sure you have no other anti-virus software running/loaded and turn off all anti-spyware progs and any other running progs.

birdface 10:51 30 Dec 2007

Can you download and run the trial version again.I would run C Cleaner first.Then reinstall the new version.

rabid33 18:12 31 Dec 2007

hi and thanks to both for the advice.The link only seems to relate to removing Kaspersky Anti Virus, not the entire Security Suite. Is there a link to remove it? i think i am doomed as despite there being no trace of the internet security in Add/Remove programs the trial version has left something there to stop me from using it twice!
cheers

Press Man 21:24 31 Dec 2007

rabid33,

Go back and download the link, you will find the following:- Concerning to:
# Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 (version 7.0.0.124, 7.0.0.125)
# Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 (version 7.0.0.124, 7.0.0.125)
# Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 ( all versions)
# Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 (all versions). The removal tool should work on all those mentioned!

Dipso 22:29 31 Dec 2007

I am interested in the solution to this. I am currently part way through a 6 month trial of KIS due to end February. I am wanting to factory reset my PC and will presumably lose the remainder of the trial but I have also bought the full product which I intend to use at the end of the trial period, reading this I may hve problems and may have to put the restore off 'til then.

Dipso 09:55 27 Apr 2008

I contacted support via the on-line interface when I had problems. I was advised to use support @ kasperskylab . co . uk (without the gaps) and I would get answered more promptly. Make sure you include your personal ID etc. when you contact them. FWIW they were very helpful.

Poitier 10:55 27 Apr 2008

The best way to get a quick solution to your problem from the horses mouth is to raise it in the Kaspersky forum.Click support then forum in the main window.

mfletch 15:32 27 Apr 2008

Kaspersky removal tool,

click here

mfletch

mfletch 15:33 27 Apr 2008

Sorry its already been posted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone