kaspersky

mern 12:28 27 Feb 2008

Have purchased Kaspersky 7. but not yet loaded same. On my computer I have at the moment Zonealarm Pro AVG pro Spybot,and Spyblaster. Do I uninstall all these programmes before installing K

anchor 12:36 27 Feb 2008

It is generally agreed that it is not advisable to run more than one anti-virus programme.

When you have installed, and configured Kaspersky 7, I would close down, or delete, AVG.

anchor 12:45 27 Feb 2008

You may like to read another thread about Kapersky 7.

click here

mfletch 13:10 27 Feb 2008

I would remove all of them first then install Kaspersky,

They may interfere with Kasperskys installation,

If this/Spyblaster/ Is supposed to be Spywareblaster then you can leave that installed

After you have removed them restart your computer then install Kaspersky

mfletch

Sheik Yerbouti 13:20 27 Feb 2008

Did you purchase Kaspersky Antivirus or Kaspersky Internet security suite ?

Poitier 14:12 27 Feb 2008

hi,
You do not need any of these programs with KIS7 and they should be uninstalled before installing KIS7. You do not need additional anti spyware
programs with KAV7 but you will probably encounter compatibility problems with Zone Alarm,certainly with the free version.

mern 19:27 27 Feb 2008

Thanks for your responses. In answer to your query Sheik it is K security suite.

yaesu 19:44 27 Feb 2008

Hi, I purchased Kaspersky IS6 following a magazine free trial offer and use it with XP home sp2 and also run Spybot; adaware; a squared free and Sware terminator without trouble. Overkill maybe but perhaps I'm paranoid! Don't try to use more than one firewall though! Regards, yaesu

Sheik Yerbouti 20:49 27 Feb 2008

I would say, 1st disconnect pc from internet, uninstall ZA Pro, and AVG Pro (using any uninstallers available to COMPLETELY remove those apps.) , then install KIS7.
Half way through KIS7 install, plug in your Internet (presuming BB) and let KIS verify your Key online. Having several antispyware programs is OK, but not several AV/Firewalls.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?