Kaspersky 2011 - incomplete 64 bit functionality?

Cloudhopper 12:00 21 Jul 2010

Hi!

I have purchased the 3 PC version of Kaspersky's Internet Security 2011 edition.

I've kept it sealed for the time being becuase of something I've spotted on the rear cover ...

I have Chillblast fusion PC with x64 o/s. The Kaspersky cover states,

"Some product features might work on x32 operating systems only".

This reduces confidence in what will happen when I attempt to run the Kaspersky application as it gives no idea which aspects might not run on x64 and how important these features would be.

Does anybody have any observations/feedback on this subject and views on how Kaspersky might compare with other security products in this department?

C

Woolwell 12:19 21 Jul 2010

Kaspersky site gives information about Saferun and 64 bit click here.

Dark Mantis 14:42 21 Jul 2010

Well I am running Kaspersky 2010 on Win7 64bit and have not noticed any reduced functionality.

"Please Note: Safe Run Mode doesn't work with Microsoft Windows XP x64, and works with limitations on Microsoft Windows Vista x64 and Microsoft Windows 7 x64.
"
they are basically covering themselves. you may experience crashes to desktop, or system hang, however you shouldn't. Same with avast and pretty much everything, possible exception is latest version of sandboxie.
amazes me that they still write new products for 32 bit systems with the time 64 bit has been out.
The problem is caused because you are not running a 64 bit program.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?