Karen's replicator problem

charlton200 10:00 08 Oct 2011

I am having trouble with this program, that I have been using successfully on another pc for years, since I put it on my laptop. I set it up the same, but it will not delete folders that I have deleted. I have the replicate file and folder deletion box checked.

Any ideas please.

thanks

Terry Brown 10:18 08 Oct 2011

As you have had it 'For years', I assume it was used on XP, is your new system window 7?, as that could be the cause.

Terry

charlton200 10:22 08 Oct 2011

yes your right, it was on xp, now it's on a windows 7 laptop

robin_x 11:27 08 Oct 2011

Karenware apps are great, but a bit long in the tooth sometimes and I'm not sure they are being updated.

See here for some alternatives. Many recommend AllwaySync.

Also SyncToy (no scheduler though)

Or a full backup program such as Easus Todo (v3 now) may be useful.

compumac 11:56 08 Oct 2011

Would also recommend AllwaySync.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:57 08 Oct 2011

Karenware apps are great, but a bit long in the tooth sometimes and I'm not sure they are being updated.

That's because she died earlier this year :0(

robin_x 13:26 08 Oct 2011

That's sad. Thanks for posting.

Muergo 18:53 08 Oct 2011

I too was taking Karens newsletters but they became less and less frequent, and after her death I deleted my subscription as programs weren't being updated although there seems to be a lot of people carrying on.

Muergo 18:58 08 Oct 2011

I forgot to mention that I find that Acronis True Image does everything including continuous backup, I buy very few programs, relying on free ones mostly but that is the one worth paying for especially as it's now more creature friendly than before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?