Kapersky & McAfee

jaraba 01:04 26 Feb 2010

My version of Kapersky ran out & when I tried to install the latest version it told me that there was a McAfee Filter Driver installed which it couldn't work with & recommended I uninstall it.
Couldn't find anything of McAfee to uninstall. McAfee 60 day trial came with laptop but uninstalled it before installing Kapersky.
On Kapersky site they had a tool to remove McAfee which I downloaded & ran as per their instructions.
It didn't work. Still can't install Kapersky.
Anyone any ideas.

User-1229748 02:59 26 Feb 2010

may be worth you running the mcafee removal tool again.did you reboot after running the tool the first time?do you use ccleaner as it might be worth running that after if you cannot still install kaspersky.if you don't use ccleaner then wait and see if any other forum member thinks it's worth giving that a shot.i see on the kaspersky site that you can get in touch with them if you are still having problems installing.give the mcafee removal tool another shot before anything else though.

jaraba 07:46 26 Feb 2010

Tried remove tool 3 or 4 times

birdface 10:09 26 Feb 2010

Try a search for McAfee on the computer and see if it comes up with anything.
Or maybe install McAfee again and remove it with Revo Uninstaller.

Woolwell 10:18 26 Feb 2010

Did you run the tool provided by Kaspersky or Mcafee's own removal tool. I have had this problem with Kaspersky and McAfee and the way to get rid of McAfee is to us their own removal tool see click here
Note is using Vista you need to run it as administrator.

jaraba 12:12 26 Feb 2010

Used the one provided by Kapersky.
Have now downloaded the instructions & tool from Mcafee & will try it later.

jaraba 23:51 26 Feb 2010

Success.
Many thanks Woolwell.
The McAfee removal tool worked and Kapersky now installed.
I knew I could rely on you guys/girls to supply an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?