Kapersky Internet Security 2009 a couple of probs.

Sparkly 15:42 23 Sep 2008

Hi all i have just installed Kapersky Internet Security 2009 which was a free download from Barclays Online banking, all installed ok and registerd ok, only windows security center keeps telling me that Kapersky Internet Security reports that it is turned off and everytime i click turn on now and click the box i trust this prog and ready to run it nothing changes?and get three option to choose from they are Go online and get a different Anti Virus Programe,I have an anti virus prog and will monitor myself,Dont monitor my anti virus software state (not reccomended)i have checked out the website click here and it says it has virus protection or do i need other virus protection (i know you should only have the one). Also under the firewall tab it tells me i have multiple firewalls running the second one being Commodo (status on) which i have uninstalled before Kapersky how can i get rid ot this? Thanks for any help.

Sparkly 15:44 23 Sep 2008

Sorry forgot to add Vista Home Premium SP1

Sparkly 19:34 23 Sep 2008

Bump

mfletch 19:43 23 Sep 2008

Hi

Goto control panel>security center

On the left click on "change the way security center alerts me"

Un check firewall and virus protection,

Windows will not bother you any more

Just keep a eye on the kaspersky icon and if it turns black there is a problem

Sparkly 19:57 23 Sep 2008

Hi mfletch done as you said On the left click on "change the way security center alerts me" i get a box pop up with three options
"Yes notify me & display icon"(recommemded)
"Dont notify me but display icon"
"Dont notify me & dint display icon (not reccommended)
Which one should i opt for? Thanks for your help.

Sheik Yerbouti 20:25 23 Sep 2008

Dont notify me & dint display icon

Sparkly 20:38 23 Sep 2008

Hi Sheik Yerbouti thanks for that i just had a message pop up saying windows neds to restart and when i rebooted everthing is as it should be all green lights in the control center so alls good even though in the firewall tab commodo still shows up and i am told multiple firewalls reported but as i say all working well with green lights maybe in time it will notice commodo has been uninstalled. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?