kaaza/mp3 files

muchocho 16:10 11 Jul 2004

I uninstalled Kaaza from my Pc,but could not find some of the mp3 files on my shared folder and my music folder,hence am unable to play back on media player.I've re-installed Kaaza, but all the mp3 files on the 'my kaaza' slot have vanished.
any ideas, on how i can retrieve my music/mp3 files from my pc,or find them,I know they are in there somewhere.
thanks.help would be greatly appreciated

son-of-a-gun 16:17 11 Jul 2004

You could try Virgin, or Our Price

johnnyrocker 16:22 11 Jul 2004

or even hmv

johnny.

CurlyWhirly 16:26 11 Jul 2004

Muchocho

It is not for me to judge whether you use P2P networks but did you know that you are at real risk of getting a virus, trojan or other malware from these networks?
I used to use KaZaA Lite until I downloaded what I thought was an MP3 and it turned out to be a keylogger trojan called keylog-briss.
I also had a 'brilliant digital' trojan installed on my PC and I have given up using P2P altogether though I will not use paid for services like Napster as in my humble opinion they are too expensive at £1.09 a song.
Instead I use cheap websites like Play.com
As regards your question when you uninstalled KaZaA you probably uninstalled the 'my shared folder' as well as the same thing happened to me when I uninstalled KaZaA Lite around a month ago - I lost all my downloads as what I should have done was to move them from this folder to other folders like 'My music', 'My pictures' and 'My videos'!
CW

Belatucadrus 17:04 11 Jul 2004

Ever deleted something then regretted it ? get it back with PC Inspector click here or Restoration click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?