Just a reminder

Forum Editor 08:55 24 Apr 2004

That we will delete (without reference to the originator) any thread or post which contains a recommendation that other forum users should boycott a supplier - "Please don't buy products from company X". We're not here to provide a platform for vendettas or for sweeping judgments based on a single incident, or received information from a third party.

We'll also continue to delete posts which contain unacceptable words thinly disguised with asterisks, no matter how valid the rest of the post might be.

johnnyrocker 10:38 24 Apr 2004

well said guv.

johnny.

billyliv 11:26 24 Apr 2004

Hi, With you all the way. Cheers, Bill

Meshuga 13:02 24 Apr 2004

FE. Well said, it needs clamping down on. Meshuga.

stalion 13:17 24 Apr 2004

F.E. and noted.Regards

€dstowe 13:21 24 Apr 2004

I agree with all of the above but I think it a great shame that this reminder has to be posted so often.

I also think it is very unfortunate for those who are unable to contribute here without resorting to socially unacceptable terminology. Don't get me wrong, I can swear as well as anyone but here is certainly no place to practice that.

€d

stalion 13:56 24 Apr 2004

bump

GaT7 15:01 24 Apr 2004

I agree. Let's have some perspective & keep it fair & clean. As €dstowe says, it's a shame that we have to be reminded again & again.

citadel 15:29 24 Apr 2004

Is it not possible to have a "read this first" that permanently stays in position one on the forums. This could contain information about posting and the do's and dont's.

Mikè 15:33 24 Apr 2004
  Robotic_Rob 15:51 24 Apr 2004

I dont agree at all!

Naughty words - Whats wrong with havin a system that stars out these words! And have a black list, and as you see new forms of naughty words, you stick that on the blacklist. Many other forums do this! So they aint a need to delete the post!

And what about if something is a scam or the products they produce is complete (insert naughty word(s) here!) and the fool people to buy it! So you cant give peeps advice/warn them about these.

I thought this was a forum site was where you help/advise/warn others about things. So to me this warning sounds completly stupid. And your ConsumerWatch forum shouldnt be even on the site!

Come on i cant be the only 1 that things this way!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?