Just Red Colour displayed where it should be text

balmad 19:51 27 Mar 2006

When I access a web page (E.G. when I am looking at BBC home page) at the top of the page, where it says BBC news, on my monitor it just have a red colour strip and notext is visible and similarly other sites also shows a red colour strip where it should be an advertisement. I have tried to right click on the colour strip and then properties but it comes out with heading 'general'. I have window XP home edition. I think that I have changed the display but can't seem to get the original settings back. Can anyone help please ?

LABMAN 20:02 27 Mar 2006

by the sounds of it you an add blocker running that is blocking adverts from appearing, might be as part of your firewall or anti-virus software or any spyware prgramme you have installed.

I have mine turned on using PCguard from Blueyonder Broadband which gave me a lovely red clour but have changed it to a more subtle pale yellow, but without knowing more I'm afraid I can't offer anymore assistance.

Peter

balmad 20:06 27 Mar 2006

It only blocks the ads with red colours but other colours ads can be seen ok.

LABMAN 20:24 27 Mar 2006

It still sounds like an add blocker to me Balmad.

The problem is that they don't allways block all adds on a web page, unfortuantely I'm no expert so can't offer any more help at the moment unless someone witha bit more knowledge comes along....sorry

VoG II 20:29 27 Mar 2006

This could be a HOSTS file issue with something like eDexter to replace the blocked sites with as red strip. Try running HostsToggle click here

balmad 21:22 28 Mar 2006

It still doesn't solve the problem. Any one else can help ?

balmad 17:42 30 Mar 2006

It still not resolved. Any ideas ?

balmad 18:07 01 Apr 2006

Can any one help please ?

balmad 18:56 08 Apr 2006

help please ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?