just a Quick Question

rossgolf 18:19 16 Aug 2008

i have an external HDD that aint playin the game ATM.
i have tried everythink possible. and i am thinking its the actual usb connection on the back of the HDD.
so my question is...
can i take the HDD out and connect it to my pc some how with out the casing (the casin has the usb connection at the back).
or...is the drive inside not a standard IDE drive that you could normally put straight in the computer as normal?
do they use special drives or is it just a caddy for a normal drive.

i think ive repeated me self alot here. but ah well.

Eric10 18:32 16 Aug 2008

The hard drive inside the enclosure is just a standard HDD. It will probably be an IDE drive but could possibly be SATA. If IDE it will be jumpered either as Master or Cable Select so may need this changing if it is going to connected as a slave.

gengiscant 18:35 16 Aug 2008

Not sure what your asking,the drive in your caddy is the same,I think ,as the drive in your PC.
Yes you can connect your HDD to your pc,as long as you change the jumper to slave.

rossgolf 18:52 16 Aug 2008

the only thing i was worried about is that as this is a named brand (buffalo) ext HDD that they might have a hdd developed by themselves that isnt a normal IDE or SATA drive. ie, there own connections, size etc...

DieSse 20:56 16 Aug 2008

For sure, it will be a standard drive. Buffalo simply package it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?