Just a Question

woodchip 21:05 07 Apr 2007

Never thought much about it other than it's a nusance at times. On your mouse be it USB, PS\2 or Optical. How do you cope with the stuff that gets on the little plastic feet, do you put anything on like using silicon spray or rub a candle on them or what. As most know if they are not kept clean the mouse does not run smooth on a Desktop etc I use mine direct on the Desktop

Fingees 21:11 07 Apr 2007

Can't say i've had any trouble with mine, but I don't see why you cant apply a light coat of something such as WD40 with your finger.
it certainly shouldn't cause any problems, and if it makes it smoother for you, then all well and good.

All the best.

Technotiger 21:15 07 Apr 2007

I use my cordless laser mouse directly on the wooden desk top, never gets dirty! Maybe because I polish my desk fairly regularly.

woodchip 21:21 07 Apr 2007

All I can think is it is sweaty hands plus dust. It will last for some time but it does happen

postie24 21:23 07 Apr 2007

A dab of furniture polish will suffice

woodchip 21:26 07 Apr 2007

When making suggestions, Do they work for you please

postie24 21:31 07 Apr 2007

I use furniture polish on most things that dont run smooth,plastic curtain tracks for one,and when i pull appliances out in the kitchen,i spray a bit on the floor where it sits to enable it to push back easily.
Im sure it should work on the mouse feet.

woodchip 21:33 07 Apr 2007

OK I will try that to see how it goes. But I will leave this running a bit for a few more

woodchip 23:38 07 Apr 2007

^

candun 23:42 07 Apr 2007

Believe it or not but I stuck a couple of round 'Bandaid' type plasters on the base of my optical mouse. They have been there for months and (combined with keeping the mousemat clean and slightly polished) will be there for years to come. Give it a try.

Belatucadrus 23:50 07 Apr 2007

I tend to use a detox type kitchen cleaner on the keyboard and the mouse, cleans it nicely as well as debugging it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?